We are living through a period of economic uncertainty, but as we return to a form of normality the future isn’t perfectly clear. It is hard to turn on the TV or radio recently without hearing of another well-known company having gone into administration, CVA or liquidation. A few of the recent big names to suffer include Links of London, Prezzo, Pizza Express, Go Outdoors and Thomas Cook.
When the business environment is already challenging, making informed business decisions is even more important. To reach an informed decision we need data. The data needs to be up to data and of course, accurate.
Historically, many companies have largely performed reporting within Excel, but this is problematic and doesn’t meet the needs of a modern, fast-growing business. Compiling detailed reports and sifting through masses of data is a labour-intensive exercise which too-often lends itself to human error. In the absence of real-time, accurate data the decision-making process is often challenging or compromised.
Using BI reduces the margin for error, and within a system such as NetSuite you can be assured that you are getting a real-time, 360-degree view of the business.
- Real-time transparency into company performance across all business functions — from summary level to transaction level.
- A single version of the truth with all your data residing in a single source.
- Self-serve, personalised experience with easy-to-use reporting tools without requiring programming or technical resources.
- On-the-go access via web browser and mobile device.
- Use Multi-Subsidiary Customer for a single, clear view of customers across multiple subsidiaries eliminating duplication.
- Gain comprehensive view and granular control of global inventory demand and supply with Supply Chain Snapshot.
Imagine how useful it would be check on production capacity or generate reports in seconds whilst you are at home; in your car; or even sat on the bus. With NetSuite all this and more is possible.
There are over 100 pre-built reports in NetSuite which can give insight into almost any area of your business. Saved searches are really a way of creating custom reports and can be derived from almost any kind of record or filter within NetSuite. Once you’ve created your saved search, they can then be used to build workflows, kept private or shared with others, create dashboard reminders and KPI’s.
To get a truly instant real-time view you can add your saved searches, reports and KPI’s to your Dashboard so you have all the most essential information in one place ready to view in an instant.
NetSuite users were first introduced to SuiteAnalytics Workbook in version 2018.1, but recent updates have seen much improvement. SuiteAnalytics is essentially a BI tool that encompasses a host of saved searches, reports, dashboards and KPI’s.
SuiteAnalytics Workbook is an analytical tool within NetSuite that allows users to create complex workbooks using datasets and combining pivot tables, charts, and queries. It was designed to enable even inexperienced users to create complex workbooks via drag and drop editing.
- Saved Search is a valuable tool for filtering and matching data to answer various business questions.
- NetSuite Reporting provides a set of standard and customizable reports for all transaction types.
- Workbook enables users to understand why things are happening in their business.
- Business users can create Workbooks on the fly without writing a single line of code or complex queries, to seek the desired information quickly.
- Data can be analysed using the Workbook pivot and chart capabilities with easy drag and drop interactions.
Today’s world moves quickly, and we risk being left behind if we don’t have the ability to react quickly too.
Back to news